Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easy Tuna Casserol Recipe - Everyday Living in the PNW


 Hey Everyone, we have a fantastic recipe from Ed from Everyday Living in the PNW today....enjoy!!!!




 This is a recipe that is always in my back pocket on nights that we just don't feel like cooking. It is only a few ingredients and is so good Mel and I crave it all the time.

First you boil the egg noodles. Strain out the water and pour into a casserole dish. Any dish that fits 8 ounces of cooked egg noodles will do. Add the mushroom soup, tuna, and cheese and mix. Bam!
You pop it in the oven and you are done. When I said easy, I meant it. Takes 25 minutes to cook all the way through, but it is worth it. 


Easy Tuna Casserole Recipe
Recipe Type: Dinner
Author: EverydayLivingPNW
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • 8 ounce package of Egg Noodles
  • 1 7 ounce can of Tuna
  • 1 cup of Frozen Peas
  • 2 10 3/4 ounce cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 1/2 cup of Onion
  • 3 cups of Cubed Cheese
  • Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Boil Egg Noodles following instructions on bag
  3. Strain out noodles and add to casserole dish
  4. Mix all ingredients together
  5. After 10 minutes pull out dish and stir
  6. Bake for another 15 minutes
 

5 comments:

  1. Ed, this recipe brings back some good memories from my childhood. We had 7 kids in our family and my mom made this one because we all liked it! Thank you for sharing it here at the Cafe today! Come back anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed, Mel is one lucky lady, men who cook rock. My 15 year old son is currently adding to his list of meals, Ill let him give it a go.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I remember when my (French) husband had this the first time!! He made it for us...my request. He loves it! I'll have to slip this recipe in an email as a hint :) Haven't made it with egg noodles. Looks great!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! I grew up on Tuna Casserole and haven't had it since I was a kid! Your recipe looks so good...I love the red pepper flakes for some kick! I think I need to re-visit my childhood and make this! Thanks for the share, Ed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of cheese did you use for the 3C of cubed cheese????

    ReplyDelete